September 16, 2014
A fire at a popular amusement park in Vallejo has killed a giraffe at the park.
Authorities say a two-year-old male giraffe died this morning after a fire broke out in the giraffe barn at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
A spokesman for the park says two female giraffes housed in a separate part of the barn were not hurt.
Authorities say a preliminary investigation indicates the fire was sparked by a faulty electrical outlet.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.