December 22, 2014
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) - A Vallejo family is expected to make a full recovery after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Vallejo Fire Department officials say two women aged 43 and 61 and a 3-year-old boy were taken to Sutter Solano Medical Center after authorities found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in a local home Thursday night.
Authorities say a faulty wall heater appears to be responsible for the carbon monoxide.
Firefighters say they arrived at the house in response to a report that the 61-year-old woman was feeling ill. They say they found the 43-year-old woman, the 3-year-old's mother, incapacitated in a bedroom.
A Novato family also survived a close call with carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday after they felt sick and went to a hospital.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.