Investigators Find Cause Of Fatal Richmond Fire

RICHMOND, Calif. (AP) - Investigators have determined what sparked an apartment fire in Richmond that killed a five-year-old boy.

Richmond Deputy Fire Marshal Doug Murray says the blaze that killed Kristopher Love early Thursday was started when electrical wires plugged into a wall overheated.

When firefighters arrived at the apartment on 19th Street they found the boy in the living room of the apartment.

The Contra Costa County coroner's office says Kristopher died of
asphyxia caused by carbon monoxide inhalation.

His mother -- 37-year-old Anela Hobbs -- was burned in an unsuccessful effort to save the boy.
---
Information from: San Francisco Chronicle,
http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

AP-NY-04-25-08 1340EDT


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 18177179