September 22, 2014
RICHMOND, Calif. (AP) - Investigators have determined what sparked an apartment fire in Richmond that killed a five-year-old boy.
Richmond Deputy Fire Marshal Doug Murray says the blaze that killed Kristopher Love early Thursday was started when electrical wires plugged into a wall overheated.
When firefighters arrived at the apartment on 19th Street they found the boy in the living room of the apartment.
The Contra Costa County coroner's office says Kristopher died of
asphyxia caused by carbon monoxide inhalation.
His mother -- 37-year-old Anela Hobbs -- was burned in an unsuccessful effort to save the boy.
Information from: San Francisco Chronicle,
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.