April 20, 2015
Six West Covina schoolchildren and three adults planned to tour the White House yesterday. Instead, they got a trip to the hospital.
The Secret Service says nine visitors from private West Covina Christian School got sick and had eye irritation Friday morning when ammonia fumes from a nearby construction shed wafted into the White House visitor center.
The eighth-graders spent about four hours at a hospital and missed their tour but it was rescheduled for Saturday morning.
The youngsters are on an East Coast trip that includes visiting historical sites in Washington, New York and Philadelphia.
Information from: San Gabriel Valley Tribune
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.