Restaurant Closes After Diners And Employees Get Sick

The Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency has closed a restaurant to investigate how at least 80 diners and employees got sick in the past week.

Bob Kennedy, the county's director of environmental health, wouldn't name the restaurant until the investigation is complete. More than 1,000 people were potentially exposed to the gastrointestinal virus, which is spread through fecal-oral contact. Kennedy blamed transmission on failure to wash hands.

People stricken with the illness may experience vomiting, nausea and diarrhea.

Information from: Santa Cruz Sentinel,

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11529921 -
Gray Television, Inc.