Workers Sickened, Report Chemical Spill in Tulare

Tulare fire crews discovered a major chemical leak after a group of nearby workers reported feeling nauseous and having difficulty breathing.

Tulare Fire Chief Michael Threlkeld says firefighters responded after ten workers at a recycling business on Thursday reported seeing a cloud coming from the shop next door and smelling an acrid odor in the air.

All were treated at a nearby hospital and released.

Firefighters say the fumes were coming from several hundred gallons of hazardous acids and oxidizers that were leaking from plastic containers inside GBS Distributing.

City officials have shut the business down until they obtain a proper business license and permits to store chemicals.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 11158891