November 29, 2015
The San Mateo County coroner says that an 18-year-old man whose father found him dead in a vat of a sulfuric acid solution last month died of an accidental drowning.
Toxicology tests showed no signs of alcohol or drugs in Fernando Jimenez Gonzalez' system.
Gonzalez died while working at a circuit board-making company in Redwood City. Gonzalez' father discovered his son dead at 1:45 a.m.
on September 23 after becoming concerned when the young man didn't
come home from work.
The coroner said the solution that Gonzalez drowned in was 93-percent water and 7-percent sulfuric acid.
The state Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the incident.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.