Coroner: Acid Vat Death Of 18-Year-Old Was An Accidental Drowning

The San Mateo County coroner says that an 18-year-old man whose father found him dead in a vat of a sulfuric acid solution last month died of an accidental drowning.

Toxicology tests showed no signs of alcohol or drugs in Fernando Jimenez Gonzalez' system.

Gonzalez died while working at a circuit board-making company in Redwood City. Gonzalez' father discovered his son dead at 1:45 a.m.
on September 23 after becoming concerned when the young man didn't
come home from work.

The coroner said the solution that Gonzalez drowned in was 93-percent water and 7-percent sulfuric acid.

The state Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the incident.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 10689966 - kolotv.com/a?a=10689966
Gray Television, Inc.