October 1, 2014
A lawyer for a defense contractor accused of bribing former Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham has agreed to withdraw subpoenas sent last month to a dozen House members.
Attorney Mark Geragos (GEHR'-uh-gus) told a federal judge in San Diego Tuesday he would withdraw the request for testimony and documents after lawyers for the House of Representatives objected.
Geragos says he intends to refile at least five of the subpoenas and may also call on other members of Congress, including senators, for testimony.
Geragos is representing defense contractor Brent Wilkes, who goes to trial Wednesday on charges of giving Cunningham $700,000 in cash and perks in exchange for millions in government contracts.
Cunningham is serving more than eight years in prison after pleading guilty to accepting $2.4 million in bribes from contractors.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.