April 18, 2014
Sylvester Stallone says he and his "Rambo" sequel movie crew witnessed horrible atrocities while filming along the Myanmar border.
He is calling the area "a hellhole" and the violence there "full scale genocide."
The action star tells The Associated Press he saw -- quote -- "survivors with legs cut off and all kinds of land mine injuries, maggot-infested wounds and ears cut off."
He says shots were fired over the film crew's head and there were threats against them.
Stallone returned eight days ago from shooting "John Rambo," the fourth movie in the action series.
The movie filmed on the Salween River separating Thailand and Myanmar -- the Southeast Asian nation formerly known as Burma.
Last week, soldiers in Myanmar responded to mass protests by opening fire on unarmed demonstrators.