KOLO Local News Headlines
International Celebrity Race Starts in Reno
Updated: 7:39 PM
- The Gumball3000 rally is rolling through Reno. It started at 4:30 p.m. on May 27th at the Reno-Tahoe International Airport and eventually made its way to downtown Reno.
Homeless Feed Now Looking For New Home
Posted: 6:30 PM
- A volunteer effort to feed the homeless is itself homeless at the moment, a situation some on East Fourth Street say helps no one.
Brides: What to Ask When Hiring a Makeup Artist
Posted: 6:27 PM
- La di Da Beauty owner Laura Garcia gives tips on selecting a makeup artist, what trends are showing up on this year's brides, and how much you should pay.
Minden Teen Speller Falters On 'Patriliny'
Posted: 6:24 PM
- According to the Scripps National Spelling Bee, 14-year-old Minden resident Daniel Taylor was eliminated in the preliminary rounds in Washington D.C.
Insuring Your Home for Wildfire
Posted: 6:21 PM
- You homeowner's policy offers protections, but is the stuff inside also protected?
Thursday Web Weather
Updated: 6:17 PM
- High pressure will control our weather through early Sunday. Expect mild, sunny mornings, and partly cloudy, warm afternoons. Valley temperatures will rise well into the 80s, with the first Reno 90-degree temperature possible on Saturday afternoon. By Sunday, a weak trough of low pressure will approach the coast, then move inland through the Pacific Northwest early next week. While most of the moisture with this system will stay to our north, breezy conditions will develop late Sunday and Monday, and an isolated T-storm is possible. Temperatures will also cool a bit starting on Monday, with valley highs closer to average (upper 70s) to start the month of June. -Jeff
Public School Money May Be Headed To Private Schools
Posted: 5:39 PM
- Nevada senators have approved a bill that would allow students to use the state funds designated for their public education at a private school.
Man Sentenced for Shooting from Sparks Motel
Updated: 5:08 PM
- A Reno man has been sentenced to at least ten years in prison after pleading guilty to five charges involving a shooting from a motel second floor.
Woman Wounded in Burgarello Shooting Testifies
Updated: 12:30 PM
- A female trespasser who survived a shooting in a vacant Nevada duplex described a property owner opening fire unprovoked, wounding her three times and killing a man on the floor next to her.
Names Released from Fatal Wrong-Way Crash on I-80
Updated: 3:53 PM
- The Nevada Highway Patrol has released the names of two people killed after a wrong-way driver hit another vehicle head-on on I-80 near Sparks Boulevard early Saturday, May 23, 2015.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com