KOLO Local News Headlines
Free Downtown Retail Space Available in Local Contest
Updated: 8:17 AM
- With the economy on the mend, more and more people are looking for new businesses to fill the empty retail space in Downtown Reno. Here's a look at one 'click-and-mortar' contest that is looking to give away free retail space to and online business.
Reno Poker Legend Retires
Posted: 7:13 AM
- The man responsible for bringing the first WPT event to northern Nevada is leaving the business.
Sparks Railyard Hazmat Situation Cleared
Posted: 12:11 AM
- SPARKS - A HazMat team is investigating a railcar at the Sparks Rail Yard for a possible gas leak.
New I-580 Reconstruction Project Underway
Updated: 12:06 AM
- A new construction project could add more time to your daily commute. The I-580 Reconstruction Project is set to start Tuesday evening.
Tuesday Web Weather
- A pleasant, quiet week of fall-like weather is on the way, followed by warmer conditions this weekend. High pressure will be the main weather player overall, keeping the weather dry and warming temperatures by the end of the work week. A back-door, dry cold front will bring a shot of cooler air into the state from the northeast in the short term. This will drop temperatures Wednesday, and bring the coolest numbers of the fall season so far Thursday morning. Most valley locations in western Nevada will dip into the 30s, with upper 20s in a few spots. Gardeners take note! -Jeff
Deadline to Register to Vote Nears
- The final date to register to vote is October 14th.
Mysterious Virus Could Be In Nevada
- Nevada is one of only a handful of states not reporting the D68 Virus. That means test have not been ordered for the CDC to confirm a patient has the virus locally. But experts say that doesn't mean the virus hasn't already made an appearance.
Guinn Scholarship Winners Announced
- Officials have announced the southern Nevada winner of a $4,500 memorial scholarship named after the late Gov. Kenny Guinn.
Carson City Woman Pleads Guilty To Selling Fake Tickets
- Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto announced that Megan Klein, 39, of Carson City, has plead guilty to identity theft.
$10M Grant Will Support Career Training Programs
- Nevada's community colleges are getting nearly $10 million in federal grants to help train job seekers for in-demand careers.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com