KOLO Local News Headlines
Low River Levels Killing off Fish
Updated: 7:12 PM
- As the Truckee River slowly trickles through Nevada, more fish continue to die.
- Abundant moisture and a few weak disturbances lifting through the region will keep a chance of showers and T-storms in the forecast through Monday. With clouds and moist air, overnight lows will be warm, with valley temperatures only dropping into the mid-upper 60s. Drier air will start to move into the region late Monday into Tuesday, but the atmosphere will likely not dry out until late Tuesday or Wednesday. This will keep a slight chance at an afternoon storm in the weather picture until then. -Jeff
Man Dies After 2-Vehicle Crash Near Virginia Lake on Friday
- Reno Police say a man has died from his injuries after a two-vehicle crash near Virginia Lake on Friday.
NDOT Completes US 395 Median Barrier Installation
- The Nevada Department of Transportation has completed a project to replace median concrete barrier rail on U.S. 395 near Oddie Boulevard in Reno. The barrier rail was damaged after being struck by a vehicle.
Shooting Incident Aftermath: Douglas County Short On Deputies
- As another agency investigates a fatal encounter involving its SWAT team, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office will be short six deputies.
RPD: 2 Pipe Bombs Removed From NW Home
- Reno Police have safely removed two pipe bombs from a home in northwest Reno and several streets that were closed have reopened on Friday night.
Medical Marijuana Available in Sparks
- Silver State Relief opened in hundreds of customers Friday.
Accident Near Virginia Lake Results In Life-Threatening Injuries
- An unidentified driver has been taken to Renown Regional Medical Center after a two-vehicle accident near Virginia Lake.
Alert Tahoe Cam Spots 2 Fires
- This entire fire season, for the first time, firefighters have a new weapon to spot and fight fires in the Tahoe Basin. The Alert Tahoe camera system captured two small fires in the last 24 hours up at Lake Tahoe. They were quickly extinguished.
Keeping It Local: Reno Pub and Games
- A new bar-cade is now open in Reno, offering a bit of nostalgia for its customers.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com