KOLO Local News Headlines
Carson City Sheriff Warning of Phone Scam
- The Carson City Sheriff’s Office has received a large number of reports local residents regarding a telelphone scam, according to a press release sent by Sheriff Ken Furlong.
Crews on High Alert During Red Flag Warning
- Fire crews are ready to battle a wildfire should one break out.
Saturday Web Weather Forecast
- A broad trough of low pressure will be over the Intermountain West through the weekend, leaving our region under a cool, dry, northwesterly flow.
Celebrating the C-130
- It is often called the workhorse aircraft of the United States military. The C-130 is celebrating a special milestone this Saturday, the 60th anniversary of its first flight.
Businesses Feel The Burn
- They travel in packs. They have bikes and drive in cars and trucks stuffed to the gills. They are burners, people who come in from all over the world for the Burning Man festival. They have needs, and they are great for our local economy.
Carmelite Nuns Use Technology to Celebrate St. Teresa
- It's a 500-year-old religious order, its members scattered across the world, separated from each other, and often from the world outside. It's now brought together for the first time by song and technology. It's an historic moment that began in Reno.
Suspect in Sparks Trespasser Killing Released After Bail Cut
- The Washoe County jail records division confirms Wayne Burgarello has been released from custody in the wake of this week's reduction in bail from $2,000,000 to $150,000.
Body Found at Sand Harbor
- Washoe County Sheriff's deputies are investigating a body found shortly before 11AM Friday at Sand Harbor.
California Man Arrested on Washoe Murder Charge
- A Santa Rosa man has been charged with open murder in connection with a 2013 death in Incline Village.
Installation Of Monitoring Wells To Take Place In Sparks
- Installation of monitoring wells will take place Monday through Friday in Sparks through a multi-step process that involves multiple contractors
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com