KOLO Local News Headlines
Saturday Web Weather
- As high pressure builds along the coast over the weekend, skies will clear and temperatures will warm into the low 60s for valley locations by Sunday. On Monday, another system will push into the Pacific Northwest. While most moisture will stay north of the Nevada-Oregon border, clouds will increase again, with a few sprinkles north of I-80 through Tuesday. Mild, dry weather will return next week, with valley highs warming into the mid-60s in some areas. Late next week, the storm track finally returns to the West Coast. While exactly where storms will track and their intensity are uncertain, an increase in wind and clouds is likely by the end of next week. The burn code is GREEN (burning is okay). -Jeff
Local Casinos Gear Up for Big Weekend
- Local casinos are expecting big crowds and lots of betting this Super Bowl Weekend.
Dry Nevada: Survey Reveals Snowpack 39% of Normal
- The snowpack on Mt. Rose is lower than we were hoping.
Bourbon Square Being Sold, Will Close Soon
- The owner of the Bourbon Square Casino in downtown Sparks is selling the property to a local developer, who says it will close by the end of next week, but first there must be approval by gaming regulators.
Measles, Emergency Rooms And Adults
- In Arizona, health officials are telling anyone who is ill and not vaccinated: do not attend the Super Bowl there this Sunday. This comes after 1,000 Arizona residents could have come in contact with a confirmed measles patient in that state.
Former Shooting Range Owner Pleads Guilty to Illegal Firearms Sales
- A man who held a federal firearms dealer’s license and owned an indoor shooting range in Reno has pleaded guilty to charges that he unlawfully sold multiple firearms
Friday Web Weather
- Expect mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies through the weekend with daytime highs well above average.
Most Without Power in Skyline Area Have Power Back
- NV Energy has restored power after an outage in southwest Reno.
NE Reno Intersection Reopened After Arrest
- Reno police have arrested a wanted man.
Keeping it Local: 'American Duchess' Shoes Brings History To Your Feet
- It's been said the right pair of shoes can help a person conquer the world, and one local woman is taking that statement literally.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com