KOLO Local News Headlines
Firefighters Put Out Garage Fire on Tioga Way
- Reno Firefighters put out a garage fire at a home on Tioga Way near Berthoud Lane.
Dinner To Support Transitional Housing For Women
- Thursday, April 17th at Esther's Closet in Sparks will be a special night for all involved.
As Layoffs Loom, Firefighter's Wife Rallies Public Support
- With the layoffs of 35 firefighters rapidly approaching, the wife of one of those firemen is circulating an online petition urging the city to find other budget solutions.
Local High School Wins NASA Competition
- Academy of Art, Careers and Technology recently took first place in a NASA moonrover competition.
Thursday Web Weather Forecast
- Much warmer Thursday at 78 with calm winds. Weekend looks nice and warm.
South Reno Chemical Fire Knocked Down In Minutes
- A fire on Granite Springs Road in south Reno may have started from chemicals coming in contact with a water heater, according to fire officials.
Downtown Library Wins "Coolest" Award
- The Washoe County Library downtown has recently been honored with a “Coolest Internal Space” award. The library, built in 1966, was recognized for its “The great outdoors, indoors” concept.
Caughlin Spot Fires Started By Kids With Matches
- Reno firefighters have put out two small spot fires in southwest Reno they say were started by kids playing with matches.
Heck, Horsford Out In Front With Fundraising
- Republican Rep. Joe Heck is leading Democratic challenger Erin Bilbray in campaign fundraising in the race for Nevada's 3rd Congressional District seat.
Aveda Earth Month Aims to Keep Tahoe Blue
- Do you love seeing the magnificent, clear blue water of Lake Tahoe? Your help is needed to help keep the lake blue.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com