KOLO Local News Headlines
2-Year-Old Struck By Family Vehicle in Lemmon Valley
47 mins ago
- A 2-year-old is in the hospital after being struck in the driveway by a family vehicle.
Saturday Web Weather
Posted: 6:50 PM
- A closed area of low pressure will stay to our south on Saturday and then more northeast across the area on Sunday. The system will bring a chance of Saturday afternoon showers and thundershowers, mainly south of highway 50. Sunday will be a more active day, with more widespread coverage of showers. While the position of the low should push most of the smoke west of the Sierra Crest, Smoke and haze will remain a part of the forecast as long as the massive King Fire continues to burn. After a warm start to the work week, a deep trough will move into the region starting around Wednesday. While it is early, this system looks much windier and cooler than anything we have seen in a while. -Jeff
King Fire Impacts Local Nuptials
Posted: 7:16 PM
- Local football games, soccer games, school recesses, all have been impacted by smoke from the King Fire. But the smoke could change the schedules of events you probably haven't thought of. Some couples will be looking the skies this weekend and crossing fingers.
Thick Smoke Blamed For Evacuation Rumors
Posted: 6:02 PM
- Visitors to North Tahoe were treated to nearly clear air Friday. That was a sharp contrast to the choking smoke that led to rumors of an evacuation Thursday.
It is 24 Hour Shifts for Local Firefighters Battling the King Fire
Updated: 5:53 PM
- Before rolling out to the King Fire firefighters call loved ones one last time before starting a 24 hour shift.
Arsonists:Who Are They And Why Do They Do What They Do?
Posted: 5:42 PM
- Each crime has its own details, but many arsonists fit a common profile.
Washoe Air Upgraded to "Moderate"
Updated: 12:01 PM
- Unusually sensitive people should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion.
Apple Store in Reno Draws Long Line for New iPhone
Posted: 10:34 AM
- People have been lined up since Wednesday night at the Apple store in south Reno for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Woman Killed in Crash at Prater and McCarran; Name Released
Updated: 10:50 AM
- A woman is dead after being struck by a vehicle while crossing the street.
Friday Web Weather
Updated: 12:04 PM
- Areas of smoke and haze linger today with partial clearing in the afternoon. Daytime highs will be warming up in the mid 80s through the weekend.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com