KOLO Local News Headlines
Teaching The Youth On Memorial Day
Posted: 7:58 PM
- A ceremony and teaching moment about those who served.
Reno's Historic Cemeteries: Neglect, Vandalism And Restoration.
Posted: 6:58 PM
- Reno's historic cemeteries have a history which includes neglect and restoration.
Tuesday Web Weather
Updated: 6:52 PM
- This week will bring a slow transition from a West Coast trough of low pressure to a ridge of high pressure. This change will bring drier air and stable conditions back to the region, but not all at once. Residual moisture and daytime heating will pop a few afternoon showers and T-storms on Tuesday and Wednesday, mainly in the Sierra. By Thursday, expect mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies. The warmest temperatures of the year are likely by the weekend, with highs close to 90 in western Nevada. -Jeff
RPD: "Justifiable Force" in Downtown Tasing Video
Updated: 5:32 PM
- Reno Police say a video of an officer Tasing a woman during a fight in downtown Reno early Sunday morning "appears to be justifiable use of force."
Budget Panel Authorizes $1 DMV Fee to Overhaul IT System
Updated: 12:17 PM
- Customers could soon be seeing a $1 fee at the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles as the agency raises money for a new computer system.
Nevada Case is Latest to Test 'Stand Your Ground' Laws
Posted: 11:10 AM
- The idea that a person's home is their castle and they have the right to kill trespassers has been widely accepted in the U.S. for more than a century.
Americans Mark Memorial Day
Updated: 5:52 AM
- Americans are marking Memorial Day today. President Barack Obama is hosting a breakfast this morning with organizations that support military family and families of the fallen. Then Obama will lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns, followed by remarks at Arlington National Cemetery.
Water Taxi Service Grounded at North Lake Tahoe
Posted: 7:15 AM
- A pilot water taxi service on Lake Tahoe's north shore is being grounded after three years in operation due to concerns over ridership and funding.
Jessi's Ride: A Tandem Bike and A Promise
- One man is traveling 15,000 miles across the country on a bike to fulfill a promise he made to his late wife. We caught up with Art Whiting as he stopped through Carson City.
Fleet Reserve Holds Annual Wreath Laying in Sparks
- The Fleet Reserve Association Branch 274 held their Annual Memorial Day Ceremony for our Veterans including laying a wreath in the Truckee River at Rock Park in Sparks today.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com