KOLO Local News Headlines
Hazards on the Road to the Playa
Updated: 12:57 AM
- The Nevada Highway Patrol wants to everyone on the road this weekend to know about potential traffic hazards this weekend as Burners make their way through town.
A First For Truckee High School
- First ever home football game under the lights.
Reno Funds Motel-to-Home Program
- The City of Reno has given Catholic Charities a $100,000 grant to help people move out of motels and into sustainable housing.
Sunday Web Weather
- A fall-like storm system will come early this year, brushing by us to the north and dragging a mainly dry cold front through the area over the weekend. This front will bring a dose of wind through Saturday, along with some clouds and cooler temperatures. A few showers are possible, mainly north of I-80. The combination of dry conditions and gusty wind will push fire danger to critical at times. By Sunday, a quiet weather pattern returns and will continue through next week. -Jeff
Gold Dust West Grand Re-Opening
- Gold Dust West on Reno's Vine Street held a grand re-opening celebration and ribbon cutting Friday.
Burners Stock Up, Big Business In Water And Ice
- The annual Burning Man Festival begins Monday and as participants head to the playa, there's a couple of stops most make before leaving town.
Sparks Resident Tests Positive For West Nile Virus
- Washoe County Health District says a Sparks-area adult has tested positive for West Nile Virus on Friday.
NDOW Euthanizes Second Bear in One Week
- For the second time in a week, the Nevada Department of Wildlife has euthanized a black bear considered a threat to public safety.
Truckee Meadows Community College President Sheehan Retiring
- Truckee Meadows Community College President Maria Sheehan says she will retire in January to do volunteer work in Central America.
Volunteers Needed for Door-to-Door Student Achievement Campaign
- The Washoe County School District Board of Trustees and Superintendent Traci Davis are calling upon community volunteers to participate in the annual "Door to Door for Student Achievement" campaign Saturday, Sept. 26.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com