KOLO Local News Headlines
Former Washoe Superintendent Not Selected for Boston School Job
Posted: 6:23 PM
- Former Washoe County School Superintendent Pedro Martinez was not chosen for the same job in the Boston School District.
Wednesday Web Weather
Posted: 6:20 PM
- High pressure will build along the West Coast for the remainder of this week. Warmer, drier weather is in the forecast, with valley highs in the 60s again by Thursday, approaching 70 by Monday. Overnight lows will stay very chilly, with 20s in the valleys and teens in the Sierra and Basin and Range. Daylight Saving Time returns this weekend. Don't forget to roll the clocks one hour forward Saturday night (Daylight Saving Time officially arrives Sunday morning at 2:00). -Jeff
Nevada Assemblymen Tangle In Legislature Stairwell
Updated: 5:36 PM
- Nevada Assemblyman John Moore has filed a complaint against fellow Republican Assembly Majority Leader Paul Anderson over a physical altercation
Concert Series Headed To Hard Rock In Tahoe
Updated: 3:58 PM
- The new Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe is joining forces with PR Entertainment, Inc., a national entertainment and sports production company, through a joint venture to bring the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe outdoor summer concert series to South Shore.
Bond Rollover, Prevailing Wage Bill Fails Committee Vote
Posted: 11:42 AM
- A Nevada Assembly committee has failed to pass a bill that would extend school construction bonds and suspend prevailing wage requirements for school projects.
Bill Would Expand Protections For Shootings Ruled Justified
Posted: 10:51 AM
- Nevada Assembly Republicans are advocating for a bill that would expand the rights of people who kill someone in self-defense.
Missing Sparks Woman Found and Arrested
Updated: 11:31 AM
- Sparks police say they have tracked a missing woman to a hotel in Reno, and she is okay but in custody.
Daylight Saving Time Quickly Approaching
Posted: 8:18 AM
- Daylight Saving Time is March 8th, which means come Sunday night we will lose an hour of sleep. Around this time each year, the debate begins; is Daylight Saving Time still worth it. Some researchers say, there are several ways the time change negatively affects your body.
Few Still Without Power in South Reno
Updated: 4:22 PM
- NV Energy is reporting a power outage in south Reno in the South Meadows area, and because of it, before-school programs at Double Diamond Elementary School are canceled for Tuesday only.
Sparks Police Make Arrests in Armed Robbery
Updated: 6:05 AM
- Sparks police have made quick arrests in the armed robbery of a 7-Eleven clerk.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com