KOLO Local News Headlines
Amid Martinez Lawsuit, Board Delays Further Action
Updated: 11:17 AM
- On Friday, July 26, KOLO 8 News Now has obtained documents stating that Washoe County School Superintendent Pedro Martinez has sued the WCSD and the Washoe County School Board of Trustees.
Nevada Wildlife Raffle Rakes In $300,000
Posted: 11:43 AM
- Hunters from New Mexico, North Dakota and California have joined a pair of locals as winners of five premier hunting tags in the Nevada Dream Tag raffle.
9th Charge Added Against Accused Dog Killer
Updated: 10:54 AM
- A ninth charge of maiming, torturing and killing an animal has been filed against a man accused of killing multiple dogs, whose remains were found in a Reno hotel.
Pyramid Highway Closed Due To Plane Crash
3 mins ago
- An airplane crash has closed Pyramid Highway near Axe Handle Canyon Road.
Whittemore Lawyers Request Prison Delay
Posted: 9:41 AM
- Lawyers for former Nevada developer and political power broker Harvey Whittemore are asking a federal appeals court to allow him to stay out of prison until his appeal is decided.
Sand Fire 1300 Acres And Growing, Could Bring Smoke To Reno
Updated: 10:39 AM
- According to KOLO 8 News Now's Chief Meteorologist Jeff Thompson, the plume of smoke from this fire is clearly visible on satellite images, and he is concerned that at some point smoke from it will begin to move into our area.
It is a situation our weather department will be keeping a close eye on during the weekend.
Saturday Web Weather Forecast
- High pressure will build over the region for the next few days warming temperatures up close to 100 degrees for the weekend.
Drought to Affect River Recreation
- When the river drops next weekend there will not be enough water for many water sports.
Angry Signs Assign Blame After Mudslide
- Nearly a week after flash flooding buried roads and drainage ditches in mud and debris, many minden residents are still cleaning up. Meanwhile, a debate over the cause of the flooding has become heated as some east valley road residents take to posting signs to express their views.
Mayberry Roundabout Scrapped By RTC
- Back in May, the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County presented a roundabout concept in the reconstruction of Mayberry Drive.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com