KOLO Local News Headlines
2 Injured in Motorcycle Crash On SR 341; Road Reopened
15 mins ago
- The Nevada Highway Patrol says State Route 341/Geiger Grade has reopened after being closed due to a head-on collision involving two motorcycles that caused two injuries on Saturday.
Sparks Police Seek Information In Shooting of 21-Year-Old Male
53 mins ago
- Sparks Police are asking the public's help in providing information to an early morning shooting on Saturday that injured a 21-year-old man.
Joining Forces: 145 Citations, 1 DUI Arrest During Ped Safety Event
Posted: 10:43 AM
- The Nevada Highway Patrol issued 145 citations and arrested one person on suspicion of DUI as part of a Joining Forces Pedestrian Safety Saturation Event on Friday, April 17, 2015.
Free Dumping Saturday Only At Lockwood Landfill
Updated: 9:55 AM
- Waste Management is offering free dumping Saturday only, April 18, of household items at the Lockwood Landfill in an effort to curb illegal dumping.
Preventing Pitching Injuries In Young Baseball Players
- Local pitching coaches believe playing more games is not necessarily better for younger players.
Low Water Won't Stop The River Festival
- The Truckee dropped even further last night as the flow from Boca Reservoir ran out. With the Truckee already very low, it created an immediate problem for organizers of an upcoming event built around the river.
Saturday Web Weather
- The weekend is here and it will be a pleasant one. High pressure will bring mostly sunny skies and valley highs in the mid-upper 70s both days. The exception will be in the Sierra, where some cumulus cloud buildups are likely both days. Some of these could develop into isolated showers or thundershowers, mainly south of Highway 50. An area of low pressure will drop down the West Coast by the middle of next week. While the track is still uncertain, this feature will likely bring cooler temperatures and a better chance at precipitation to the Sierra and western Nevada. -Jeff
Sex Offender 'For Life' If School Worker Busted For Sex Crime
- Nevada senators have passed a bill that would toughen penalties against teachers and other school workers who have sexual relationships with students
Nevada Common Core Testing Fixed, Will Resume Monday
- Limited testing has been successful Friday in Nevada for the troubled Common Core assessments, but now the state is offering school districts an out.
Habitual Felon Sentenced In Firearm Crimes
- 44-year-old Jesse Albert Moreno has been sentenced as a habitual criminal by Second Judicial District Court Judge Scott Freeman.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com