KOLO Local News Headlines
Friday AM Web Weather
1 mins ago
- Happy Friday! Expect cloudy skies today with gusty afternoon winds and highs near average.
Man Bound and Robbed Inside Sparks Warehouse; See Surveillance Photo
2 mins ago
- Sparks police are looking for a man who tied up a man in a warehouse, then stole his cellphone and car.
Rib Cook-Off Vendors Create Jobs by Recruiting Local Help
Updated: 8:19 AM
- Many of the vendors at the rib cook-off that are from out of town are putting extra dollars in the pockets of people in northern Nevada.
Liberian Priest in Reno Asking for Donations, Prayers
Updated: 8:38 AM
- The Rev. Fr. Elijah Bobby Washington, a Liberian priest, is temporarily stuck in the United States because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. In the meantime, he's asking donations and prayers be sent to the people there.
Friday Web Weather Forecast
- The high pressure ridge that brought the very warm Thursday will start to flatten Friday, and with some moisture from the remnants of Hurricane Marie drifting in from the southwest, an increase in cloud cover is likely.
Where's Willy? Inflatable Armadillo Missing
- 12-foot-tall armadillo shuttered because of new Sparks ordinance.
MDA Helps Northern Nevada Residents
- Sunday KOLO will be broadcasting the MDA “Show of Strength” telethon that benefits locals like Sparks resident Timothy Bennett who has been battling a condition called Charcot Marie Tooth Disease. It has affected Bennett’s muscle tissue since he was ten years old.
As Deadline Nears, Local School Shuts Down; Students Angry, Uncertain
Updated: 8:38 AM
- The clock is ticking down on Reno's Morrison University. The school is preparing to close and neither its owners or state officials seem to have answers for its 400 students.
DA: Sparks Police Justified In Officer-Involved Shooting
Updated: 8:43 AM
- District Attorney Dick Gammick has ruled Sparks police were justified in a shooting that occurred in October, 2013.
Putting The Wolf In Wolf Pack
Updated: 9:04 AM
- Pack fans probably can't wait for the first game of the season. At least that's the case with one Sparks man who carries his Wolf Pack spirit on a leash.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com