KOLO Local News Headlines
Crews Put Out Garage Fire on Round Mountain Circle in Sparks
1 mins ago
- Sparks Fire investigators say no one was injured, when flames broke out inside the garage of a Sparks Home Wednesday night.
Shots Fired On Interstate 580 Ends With Two Arrests
Updated: 10:18 PM
- A part of Kietzke Lane was closed Wednesday night after police responded to a report of shots being fired.
Thursday Web Weather
Posted: 6:19 PM
- Clouds will increase overnight, as the storm track slowly sags back into the region. A cold front will push into the Pacific Northwest Thursday, before moving southeast through the area on Friday. Wind will increase and become breezy to gusty by afternoon. Expect showery weather to develop Friday, with snow and controls a possibility on the passes. The weekend will start cool and showery early Saturday, but will warm back close to average by Sunday under partly to mostly cloudy skies.
Brewing, Ranching Business Could be Hurt by FDA
Posted: 6:51 PM
- Brewers give ranchers spent grains, but the FDA wants them to change the way they do it.
Vets As First Responders Helping Save Accident Victim
Updated: 9:52 PM
- The staff of a Reno veterans center responded Tuesday to an accident right out their front door, perhaps saving the life of a victim.
The Real CSI
Updated: 9:50 PM
- Shows like CSI and Bones have created an insatiable interest in Forensic Science.
Kids and even adults want to know more about how to get into DNA testing, ballistics, and toxicology to help solve crimes. That's one reason Washoe County's Forensic Science Lab is opening its doors to the public on Thursday for tours.
Two Different, Prominent Scams Targeting the Public
Posted: 5:29 PM
- The Carson City Sheriff's Office is warning the public of a money and a grandparent scam.
Second Person Dies From Dayton Crash
Posted: 4:47 PM
- The Washoe County Coroner's Office has confirmed a second person has died as a result of Tuesday's accident near Dayton.
Push For Legal Marijuana Surfaces In Nevada
Posted: 4:06 PM
- A group hoping to ride the wave of growing marijuana acceptance has filed an initiative seeking to legalize recreational use in Nevada.
UPDATE: Two Confirmed Dead after Accident on US 50
Updated: 4:28 PM
- An accident involving a tractor trailer and a small sedan east of Dayton Tuesday has now claimed two lives
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com
Diver Describes Searching Inside Dark, Capsized Ferry
Divers trying to retrieve bodies from the sunken South Korean ferry are finding the job "extremely difficult," feeling their way through the ink-black water with their hands as they work their way through rooms in the capsized ship.
Ferry Disaster Has Traumatized, Shamed South Korea
The entire country of South Korea, which watched a ferry filled with high school students sink on live TV and has followed the futile search for survivors with 24/7 TV coverage, appears to be have been traumatized by the tragedy.
That trauma has been compounded by a collective shame over charges of criminal negligence by much of the ship's crew, inappropriate reactions by government officials and cruel hoaxes following the sinking.
Bashar al-Assad's Deadly Loophole in Syria Deal
There's one potential chemical weapon the regime is not required to relinquish.