KOLO Local News Headlines
Family Warns Against Bug Repellent Band
- As many of you might be running to the stores to buy insect repellent, there may be one product you'll want to stay away from. A local family wants to warn others about a bug repellent band that left a son with severe chemical burns on his wrist.
Tuesday Weather Forecast
- A dry, southwesterly flow will bring quiet, seasonal weather this week for Hot August Nights. Expect some afternoon clouds along with a westerly breeze each day. Valley highs will be around 90, with temperatures in the upper 70s to low 80s at Lake Tahoe. An area of low pressure will move into the region on Friday, bringing a chance of showers and T-storms back into the forecast. At least for now, that chance does not look like it will extend very far into the weekend. Enjoy! -Jeff
Full Day Kindergarten Available in Washoe County
- For the first time, full day kindergarten is available at all Washoe County Elementary Schools.
Reaction To Clean Power Policy: We're Ahead Of Much Of The Nation
- President Obama's announcement of new EPA carbon pollution standards for power plants brought criticism from some quarters, little here in Nevada.
Hot August Nights Gets Underway
- It is time to tune up your car. Hot August Nights is a tradition for some, but more like a family reunion for others.
Dodge Fire Burns 1,500 Acres North of Susanville
- The Dodge fire is not threatening any structures but it is burning in Sage Grouse habitat.
Local VA Touts Improvements
- A little more than a year ago, problems with the Veterans Administration were constantly in the news. Wait times to see doctors and for claims were abysmal. Monday at the Reno Office of Veterans Benefits, administrators gave an update on their service to veterans.
South Meadows Mosquito Sample Tests Positive for West Nile
- The Washoe County Health District confirms a mosquito sample from the South Meadows area has tested positive for West Nile Virus, the first positive test in 2015.
Tesla and Nevada Agree on Finalized Incentive Agreement
- State officials have agreed to a final incentive agreement for a $5 billion lithium-ion battery plant being built in Nevada by Tesla Motors.
Names Released of Douglas Deputies Who Killed Suspect
- The Douglas County Sheriff's Office has released the names of six deputies who shot and killed a man they say pointed a weapon at deputies.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com