KOLO Local News Headlines
Navy's Newest Jet Visits Fallon Naval Air Station
Posted: 6:35 PM
- The Navy's newest jet fighter, the F-35 Lightning II, is making its first appearance at the Fallon Naval Air Station.
Saturday Web Weather
Updated: 6:32 PM
- Under a trough of low pressure, the holiday weekend will start out on the chilly side. The low in Reno will drop into the 40s for the first time since early June, with a hard freeze likely in Sierra valleys Sunday morning. As this system moves out of the region and high pressure begins to build over the West Coast, Sunday and Labor Day will be warmer, under mostly sunny skies. Highs in the low 90s are possible again by the middle of next week. Enjoy the temporary taste of autumn! -Jeff
Plague Found in South Lake Tahoe Picnic Area
Posted: 5:41 PM
- El Dorado County health officials announced Friday that a ground squirrel in South Lake Tahoe has tested positive for plague. The dead animal was found at the Kiva picnic area on August 17. So far, health officials are not aware of any human contact with the infected squirrel.
Surveillance Photos Released in Incline Church Vandalism Case
Updated: 4:45 PM
- The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is investigating the vandalism of two churches in Incline Village.
Reno Police Investigating Friday Stabbing
Updated: 5:23 PM
- Reno police are investigating a stabbing that took place Friday afternoon.
Washoe School District Names New Deputy Superintendent
Updated: 1:31 PM
- Washoe County School District Superintendent Traci Davis has named Kristen McNeill Deputy Superintendent. McNeill is filling the position vacated by Davis herself when she was named superintendent. She assumes the position September 8, 2015.
Father-Daughter Rivalry Underway at Rib Cook-Off
Updated: 8:57 AM
- The competition at the rib cook-off in Sparks is heating up, especially for two cookers from Illinois.
Court Hears Arguments in Lawmaker's Defamation Lawsuit
Updated: 6:41 AM
- The Nevada Supreme Court is weighing whether a campaign ad defamed a state senator.
Prostitution Sting Results in More Than a Dozen Arrests
Updated: 8:20 AM
- The Reno Police Department recently participated in a National Johns Suppression Initiative that involved 39 law enforcement agencies from 18 states and resulted in over 1,000 arrests.
Improvements Await Pack Fans
Updated: 9:28 AM
- At the Wolf Pack season opener Thursday, not all of the excitement was on the field. Fans of Under the Rose microbrewery were happy to find it was one of 3 local craft beers now available at Mackay stadium.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com