KOLO Local News Headlines
Sierra Nevada College President Resigns
2 mins ago
- Sierra Nevada College President Lynn Gillette has abruptly resigned and the school's executive vice president has been named as his temporary replacement.
NHP Releases Name of Victim in Fatal Crash South of Yerington
Posted: 12:53 PM
- A Yerington man is dead after a crash on State Route 208 Monday night.
Wednesday Web Weather
Updated: 11:35 AM
- We have a chance for showers overnight but we'll clear up early tomorrow with daytime highs in the mid 40s the rest of the week.
Local Church Provides Free Auto Repairs
Updated: 8:36 AM
- This time of year brings added expenses, and that can make things hard for people on a fixed income to take care of things like basic car maintenance. But one church is trying to help this holiday season.
Company Trains Dogs to Detect Bed Bugs
Updated: 8:36 AM
- A local company aims to promote early detection by training dogs how to find bed bugs
Local Non-Profit Saves Christmas
Updated: 10:56 AM
- For some families this year who are just making ends meet, Christmas is not an option. Thanks to a local non profit, the holiday, has been saved! The Olsen family is just one of the lucky families the Save Protect Foundation is helping this year. It helps about 40 families each month, giving them a chance to get back on their feet and giving the Olsens a holiday to remember.
Updated: 1:15 PM
- Preschoolers at Aleph Academy learn about the meaning of Chanukah.
Reno Police Investigating Shooting Near Traner Middle School
Updated: 11:40 AM
- Reno police are still investigating a shooting near Traner Middle School in Reno.
"Critter Crossings" Bring Second Graders, Highway Engineers Together
- The danger posed by wildlife crossing highways is a matter of concern to NDOT engineers and a group of Reno second graders. Tuesday they compared notes.
Lower Gas Prices-Winners/Losers
- The cost of gasoline continues to drop. That no doubt means more money in your pocket just in time for the holidays. The trend should continue. The market closed December 16 with the price for a barrel of oil at $55.
More KOLO Local News Headlines
International Headlines - ABC.com