- Caesars Entertainment officials say the casino giant's debt-heavy operations arm will file bankruptcy in mid-January to reorganize its finances now that the company has the OK from some creditors for a financial fix to shed about $10 billion in debt.
- President Barack Obama claims an array of successes in 2014, citing lower unemployment, a rising number of Americans covered by health insurance, and an historic diplomatic opening with Cuba.
- The Washoe County School District Police Department has arrested three juveniles in connection with vandalism at Jessie Beck Elementary School that occurred during Thanksgiving weekend.
- A 55-year-old Carlin man sentenced to die for a 1998 murder in Elko has been issued a new sentence that gives him credit for 16 years of time served and makes him eligible for parole immediately.
- For some families this year who are just making ends meet, Christmas is not an option. Thanks to a local non profit, the holiday, has been saved! The Olsen family is just one of the lucky families the Save Protect Foundation is helping this year. It helps about 40 families each month, giving them a chance to get back on their feet and giving the Olsens a holiday to remember.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.