September 30, 2014
RENO, NV - The Washoe County Health District has put the burn code back to green, saying it's okay to use fireplaces, woodburning stoves and such.
Monday, the district declared a yellow burn code because of increased levels of fine particulate air pollution from recent heavy use of fireplaces and woodburning stoves. Mild weather overnight and people paying attention to the voluntary ban means the air quality has improved, making burning okay again.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.