December 22, 2014
RENO, NV - Thanks to some alert neighbors, a northwest Reno family avoided a major house fire.
An official with Reno Fire tells us the fire was reported around 3:15 Friday morning near Mae Ann Avenue and Valley Wood Drive.
Officials say some neighbors saw the flames and woke up the homeowners.
RFD tells us the fire started when a pickup outside the garage caught fire; that fire then spread to the garage.
Crews managed to stop the fire from spreading to the house.
No one from the family was injured, but one firefighter sustained minor injuries after slipping on ice.
Investigators are still looking into why the car caught fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.