The National Weather Wervice in Reno has issued a high wind
warning for western Nevada...Which is in effect until 4 pm today.
Timing: this morning through this afternoon.
* Winds: southwest winds 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 65 mph.
Wind gusts up to 80 mph in wind prone locations such as
galena and Washoe Valley.
* Impacts: motorists in high profile vehicles can expect
difficult driving conditions with strong cross winds
especially along the highway 395 and interstate 580
corridors. Travel restrictions for trucks and high profile
vehicles are likely by this afternoon south of Reno.
A winter weather advisory for snow remains in effect from 4 pm
this afternoon to 4 pm PST Friday for the Tahoe Basin.
* timing: scattered snow showers this afternoon will increase in
coverage this evening. After a brief lull overnight...Showers
will pick up once again Friday. Lake effect enhanced snow bands
are possible along the east side of lake Tahoe Friday.
* snow accumulations through Friday: 6 to 12 inches above 7000
feet and 3 to 8 inches below 7000 feet. Locally higher
accumulations are possible along the east side of Lake Tahoe
* winds: southwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph. Ridge
gusts up to 125 mph.
* impacts: light to moderate snow will create hazardous travel
conditions across the lake Tahoe basin and over all sierra
passes with chain controls possible. Gusty winds will result in
areas of blowing snow with visibility under a mile possible
across sierra passes.