Causes Released in Deaths of Sparks Couple

By  | 

SPARKS, NV - Sparks police say a couple whose bodies were found in their home died of natural causes.

Shortly after 5PM February 25, 2014, REMSA Medics, Sparks Fire and Sparks Police personnel responded to 778 Glen Molly on a report that a male and female were unresponsive inside the residence. They had been called by a family member. Emergency crews confirmed Kenneth and Sheryl Kelleher, a married couple, were dead inside the home. Sparks detectives were called to conduct an investigation.

Detectives and Sparks Fire personnel checked the residence for any source of unusual carbon monoxide, which was negative. No evidence of carbon monoxide poisoning was found during the autopsies. Detectives requested the assistance of the Health Department to check the residence for any unusual sources of exposure to dangerous or lethal elements. These tests were negative, according to Sparks police.

As part of the normal autopsy protocol, toxicology tests were conducted for both victims. These tests did not identify any abnormal levels of chemicals for either victim. Detectives staffed the case with members of the Medical Examiner's Office. As a result of the staffing, Expert and Expanded toxicology tests were performed, including testing for heavy metals and common poisons. These tests have been completed and the results are negative.

The Washoe County Medical Examiner says autopsies indicate Mr. Kelleher died of heart disease and Mrs. Kelleher died of severe pneumonia.

Police say there are no indicators a crime occurred in the residence or that the Kellehers were the victims of a crime.

Kenneth Kelleher was most recently the executive chef at the Silver Legacy casino in downtown Reno, but also worked at John Ascuaga's Nugget and David's Grille at Red Hawk in Sparks.



Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus