September 18, 2014
SPARKS, NV - An elderly woman is dead following a house fire in Sparks Thursday night.
Sparks fire officials say it started at 8:07PM at a home on the 3300 block of Shari Way.
When fire crews got there, they found an elderly man and woman in the home. They were moved outside while crews put out the fire.
The woman died. The man was taken to Renown to be treated for injuries, but then was flown to the UC Davis Burn Center.
Investigators believe cigarettes led to the fire. According to the Sparks Fire Department, the fire started in a bedroom on the bottom corner of a bed, and all signs point to the improper use of cigarettes as the cause.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.