April 26, 2015
SPARKS, NV - Sparks Fire investigators are trying to figure out what started a fire inside a Sparks home Tuesday afternoon.
It happened around 1:20 p.m. in the attic of the home on Orion Drive, near Vista Blvd.
When fire crews arrived, heavy smoke was billowing from the roof in the back part of the home. Firefighters had to pull the ceiling down inside the home in order to attack the attic fire from below. While the roof did not collapse, there's extensive salvage work. Although the contents of the home didn't sustain much damage.
The people living in the home were not there when the flames broke out.
Four dogs at the home all survived.
The fire remains under investigation.