September 2, 2014
CARSON CITY, Nev. – Southwest Gas has become aware that individuals are posing as Southwest Gas employees in the Carson City area and reminds the public that when on company business employees can easily be identified:
• Southwest Gas employees always wear a company uniform
• Display Southwest Gas identification cards
• Generally come to a home or business when service is requested
• Identify themselves and the purpose of their visit
• Should enter the home only at the customer’s request
“Customer safety is always our highest priority,” said Julie Williams, Northern Nevada Division vice president. “If a customer is in doubt as to the authenticity of the individual, they should call our customer service office to verify the employee’s identity and reason for the visit.” Customers can call 1-877-860-6020.