Firefighters Commended for Cat Rescue

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

SPARKS, NV - The Nevada Humane Society has awarded the Sparks Fire Department for helping with a cat rescue. Monday, June 30, 2014, NHS held a ceremony to say thank you.

Thursday, June 12, 2014, Sparks firefighters responded to a report of a cat stuck in a chimney vent for several days.

Snoopy the cat made access through a small ash door at the base of the chimney and became wedged.

Crews were able to gain access to a crawl space under the home to get to the chimney area.

Eventually, firefighters were able to remove Snoopy and return the cat to the owners in good condition.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 263070101 - kolotv.com/a?a=263070101
Gray Television, Inc.