Report of Burning Hotel Rooms is Just Small Blaze

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Fire officials say a large-scale response to reports of multiple hotel rooms burning at a Las Vegas Strip resort-casino discovered just a small blaze in a trash can.

Clark County Deputy Fire Chief John Steinbeck says in a news release that seven engine companies, two ladder trucks, two rescue units and various other personnel responded at 1:12 p.m. Friday to reports of rooms on fire at the Cosmopolitan.

He says the fire in the trash can of a room was caused by a discarded cigarette and led to smoke damage estimated at $10,000. No injuries have been reported.

A discarded cigarette also caused a fire at an apartment complex a few miles away earlier Friday. Steinbeck says firefighters stopped the blaze from spreading beyond one unit, but it caused about $70,000 in damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 271487961 - kolotv.com/a?a=271487961
Gray Television, Inc.