RENO, NV - The Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County is looking for the public's ideas on how to improve services for seniors and people with disabilities.
RTC is updating the Coordinated Human Services and Public Transit Plan. This plan identifies the transportation needs of individuals with disabilities and older adults, provides strategies for meeting these needs and prioritizes transportation services for funding and implementation.
Some new project ideas include:
• Coordinated transportation services among social service agencies
• Expansion of volunteer driver program
• Increased funding for RTC's non-urbanized and/or senior transportation program
• Expand Washoe Senior Ride program
• Work-related trip matching
• A new senior transportation service operated by the RTC
The RTC provides RTC transit and paratransit services in the Truckee Meadows. Project team members will be available at a meeting Tuesday afternoon to gather public input and answer questions.
The meeting is 2-4 p.m. at the Washoe County Senior Center, 1155 E. 9th Street in Reno.
RTC RIDE Routes 2, 5 & 15 serve this location. For eligible RTC ACCESS reservations, call (775) 348-5438.