Playground Fire in Sparks Under Investigation

By: Millie Warren Email
By: Millie Warren Email

Sparks, NV- Local kids won't be able to play at a Sparks park for the time being.

One piece of play equipment at Del Cobre Park is badly damaged after catching fire Friday night.

Flames broke out around 6:40 p.m. at the park on Via Del Cobre Avenue.
Fire officials say the monkey bars were destroyed, but the rest of the park was spared.

It's still unclear how the fire started, though a fire crew on scene told KOLO 8 News Now it appears to have been intentionally set. If you have any information about the fire, you are asked to call Sparks Police or Secret Witness at 322-4900.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 216245541 - kolotv.com/a?a=216245541
Gray Television, Inc.