No One Hurt in Sparks Business Fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

SPARKS, NV - A Sparks business is heavily damaged after a fire Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the business on Watson Street, where they found smoke and flames coming from a commercial auto shop. Employees were trying to put it out with a garden hose. Firefighters went in and got the flames out quickly, but closed East Glendale briefly to bring in equipment for ventilation.

Adjoining businesses sustained some smoke damage. Nobody is hurt.

Investigators say the fire started near a sanding machine and dust collector because of an ember from the sanding machine that was pulled into the dust collection unit, causing a dust explosion.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 211303321 - kolotv.com/a?a=211303321
Gray Television, Inc.