OJ Files New Appeal in Robbery Conviction

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

LAS VEGAS (AP) - O.J. Simpson's lawyers have resubmitted their appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court seeking a new trial in the former football star's Las Vegas kidnapping and armed robbery case.

Simpson's lawyers turned in their 20,000-word appeal last month but were told by the court to reformat it.

The new 102-page document filed Wednesday asks the high court to reconsider whether Simpson's trial attorney in 2008 had conflicts of interest and botched his defense.

Simpson's former attorney, Yale Galanter, notes that a Nevada judge ruled last year that Simpson failed to demonstrate how Galanter's actions changed the outcome of the case.

That judge said evidence was overwhelming that Simpson orchestrated the September 2007 kidnapping and robbery of two sports memorabilia dealers.

Next week is the 20th anniversary of the slaying of Simpson's ex-wife and another man in Los Angeles.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 261894911 - kolotv.com/a?a=261894911
Gray Television, Inc.