SPARKS, NV - The Washoe County Community Services Department (WCCSD) will perform limited construction activities as part of the Central Truckee Meadows Remediation District (CTMRD) Program.
These efforts by the County, through the CTMRD program, are focused on identifying sources of tetrachloroethene (PCE).
Installation of monitoring wells will take place Monday through Friday beginning Sept. 8th in Sparks through a multi-step process that involves multiple contractors. These steps include:
1) Making an initial saw cut through the pavement.
2) Excavating to 5 feet by hand or using a truck-mounted air powered digging tool.
3) Using a vehicle-mounted sonic drill to excavate the boring to the intended depth.
4) Constructing a semi-permanent monitoring well in the boring.
5) Constructing a concrete vault with traffic rated metal lid to protect the monitoring well.
Heavy, steel trench plates will cover the individual monitoring well locations and traffic control measures will be in place during this multi-step process.
These activities might affect the public with temporary traffic controls that result in partial or total roadway, parking lane, and/or sidewalk closures.
Plans include monitoring wells at the following street or roadway locations under the estimated schedule indicated:
1) A Street (near 19th & 20th Streets) between 9/8 and 9/12, and again on 9/15
2) 20th Street (between Prater Way & C Street) between 9/9 and 9/10, and again on 9/15
3) Prater Way (between 20th & 22nd Streets) between 9/10 and 9/13, and again between 9/15 and 9/16
4) Rice Street (between 18th and 19th Streets) between 9/10 and 9/11, and again on 9/15
5) Alley (between C Street & Victorian Avenue and between 15th & 16th Streets) between 9/11 and 9/12, and again on 9/16
For general questions about this project or the CTMRD program contact: Mr. Chris Benedict, Washoe County Community Services Department; (775) 954-4642; email@example.com.