House Fire in Sparks Blamed on Improperly Discarded Ashes

Fire at 321 1/2 9th Street, Sparks
By  | 

SPARKS, NV - Sparks firefighters have put out a fire at a home on 9th Street.

Firefighters got the call shortly before 9:30AM Friday. The fire was in a garbage can next to the house, and it had spread to the house and attic eave area.

No one was home and no one is hurt.

Investigators say ashes had been put into the plastic garbage can and reignited. They say it is important to remember that hot ashes and coals stay hot for a long time, and should be placed in a metal can, doused with water and let sit for a couple of days before being thrown out.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus