- Blood pressure: FREE
- Body fat screening: FREE
- “Ask the Nurse”: FREE
- Complete blood count: $15
- Heart electrical activity and overall heart function (EKG): $35
- Heart and vascular disease risk (High sensitivity C-reactive protein): $25
- Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL/LDL ratio): $20
- Complete chemistry panel with report on 14 blood chemistry levels: $20
- Peripheral artery disease (Ankle-brachial index test): $25
- Prostate cancer testing (PSA): $35
- Routine dietary screening for diabetes (glycosylated hemoglobin): $30
- Stroke risk (Carotid artery ultrasound screening): $40
- Thyroid function: $35
- Thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, for over- or underactive thyroid: $35
- Vitamin D deficiency (Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy): $40
- The Northern Nevada State Health Insurance Assistance Program (S.H.I.P) will be available to provide free, Medicare information and counseling to community members and can assist with Part D information and enrollment, low income subsidies, Medicare questions, appeals and much more: FREE
- Immunize Nevada will have information, resources and education available: FREE
- The California Transplant Donor Network will be providing information on organ donor and registration: FREE
RENO, NV - Northern Nevada Medical Center (NNMC) will be hosting a health fair this Thursday, providing free or low-cost preventative health screenings to members of the community.
The health fair runs this Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m in the hospital's main lobby.
A full list of the health screenings provided (and their cost) are listed to the right of this article.
The NNMC recommends people fast for 10 to 12 hours for best results in blood screenings.
Those who are NNMC Advantage members will receive a 10 percent discount on all tests.
For more information, call 356-6662 or visit their website.