October 26, 2014
RENO, NV -- Detectives from the Regional Street Enforcement Team wrapped up an undercover alcohol compliance check at several Reno convenience and liquor stores.
Several of the businesses were checked in response to citizen's complaints to the Reno police department about alcohol being sold to minors.
With the help of some underage volunteers, officers checked up on 22 local businesses. Of those businesses, five allegedly sold alcohol to the minors. Selling alcohol to a minor is a misdemeanor and can require a $500 fine.
The following businesses received citations:
- 7-11 located at 1770 Sutro St.
- Speedway Market located at 1400 E. Peckham Ln.
- Daily Market located at 75 E. Patriot Blvd.
- Corner Mini Mart located at 1775 Mill St.
- Sharma Mart located at 504 Denslowe Dr.