November 30, 2015
SPARKS, NV – A fluorescent light could be to blame for a fire in Sparks Thursday morning.
Sparks firefighters responded around 1am to reports of a fire at 1635 Sullivan Lane. That's a commercial business.
The fire crew saw smoke coming out of the roof vents, and could see smoke inside the occupancy. Crews were able to extinguish a small fire in the southeast corner. Then they found a fire in the attic, which is where they think the fire started because of a fluorescent light ballast, but the investigation is still underway.
The fire didn't spread to neighboring businesses.
No injuries were reported.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.