September 14, 2014
RENO, NV - No charges have been filed after an explosion at a house on Moran Street in Midtown.
The explosion happened around 4:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of the street that stretches from South Virginia to Kirman Avenue.
Two people were seen running from the house after the explosion; shortly after that, two people showed up at Renown Regional Medical Center with burns. Police say one of the men is being treated for third degree burns at the burn center at UC Davis.
The second man was treated for minor burns and released. He is believed to be the homeowner.
A pet dog and cat sustained minor burns and are in the care of Washoe County Animal Services.
Reno police say hash oil use led to the explosion. They say they found a large amount of butane inside the home. There was no fire involved in this explosion.
The case is still being investigated to determine any charges being filed.