Fire Out at Ponderosa Hotel in Reno

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

RENO, NV - Firefighters say a fire in one of the rooms at the Ponderosa Hotel in Reno is out.

They were called around 10AM Thursday because of reports of light smoke at the building on South Virginia and California, but sprinklers had put out the fire. There is substantial water damage on the third floor, but fire and smoke damage is minimal. Because of the water damage, several residents may not be able to return right away.

Firefighters cleared the rooms surrounding the room with the fire as a precaution, but there are no reports of anyone being hurt.

No word yet what started the fire, but a firefighter reports smelling gasoline on the floor of the room.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180522271 - kolotv.com/a?a=180522271