Donations Sought to Help Family After House Fire

By  | 

UPDATE: Community donations are being accepted for the family, whose home tested positive for asbestos and their belongings are hazardous. You can donate at any of the six Reno/Sparks locations of United Federal Credit Union to the Bright Family Community Donations account.

Donations by check may also be mailed to:

United Federal Credit Union
C/O Bright Family Community Donations
10705 Double R Blvd.
Reno, NV 89521

All donations will be utilized for family expenses. Any questions should be directed to Caitlyn Cercone at 775-848-2863

--------------

RENO, NV - A family needs to find a new place to live after a fire burned a house in Lemmon Valley Tuesday afternoon.

The family was home, but got out without being hurt when flames broke out around 3:30PM. The house is on Sitka Street.

Fire investigators say damage is extensive to the attic and the outside of the home. The cause hasn't been determined.