RENO, NV - Reno fire crews have extinguished a fire in Stead that was kicking up black smoke seen from much of Reno.
The fire was at Quality Supply on Bravo Avenue, with pallets and part of a building catching fire.
At firefighters' request, power was cut to about 4,000 NV Energy customers in the north valleys, including Stead, Lemmon Valley and Cold Springs, but power has been restored to all. The hope is to have customers back online by 5PM. The affected lines were in the path of the flames.
There was also concern for propane tanks in the area, but that fear has subsided with the flames being put out.
One firefighter is being treated for heat exhaustion.
No word yet on the cause of the fire.