January 31, 2015
RENO, Nev. -- A house fire in Reno this afternoon could have been much worse had it not been for the quick actions of an alert neighbor. The good samaritan spotted smoke coming from a house on Caughlin Creek Road, and called for help. He then kicked the door in to see if the woman who lived there was inside. He did not find anyone inside.
Crews arrived to find the fire mostly contained to the master bedroom of the house.They were able to put the flames out quickly, but don't yet know exactly what sparked the blaze. No one was injured in the fire, but repairs will be necessary before the homeowner can return.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.