September 22, 2014
SPARKS, NV - A brush fire near Wedekind Road in Sparks knocked out power to nearly 6,000 NV Energy customers Tuesday evening, but all have their power back as of Wednesday morning, according to NV Energy.
The fire broke out in a backyard around 6:15PM. Firefighters were able to knock down the fire quickly. A KOLO 8 New Now crew on the scene says there doesn't appear to be any damage to homes.
According to the NV Energy website, 5,649 customers originally lost power..
The cause of the fire hasn't been determined.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.