March 29, 2015
Oil-soaked rags that spontaneously burst into flames are blamed for the fire that destroyed a home in southwest Reno over the weekend.
The fire, on Driscoll Drive broke out about noon Sunday, engulfing the home and damaging the wall of a nearby home. The blaze also spread to brush and trees in a canyon south of Plumb Lane.
Authorities said owners of the home had recently finished staining their deck when the midday heat caused their staining supplies to burst into flames.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.