October 20, 2014
Thousands of volts of electricity, shot through a roof and into a living room, making a noise so loud, neighbors could hear it for miles in Reno Friday.
It happened to a Sparks family Friday morning, when lightning struck the Bartecks home in Jason Street.
No one was hurt, but unfortunately, the home didn't fare so well.
Just before 11am Friday morning, the son Travis, was asleep in his room, when a lightning bolt came ripping throught the ceiling and blew a huge hole in his room and almost hit him.
Sparks fire department responded, expecting to see flames but officials say they were only greeted by some shaken up neighbors and giant holes, blown through the walls and ceiling of the Barteck's home.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.