WinCo Foods has announced a recall for ground beef at one of its Reno stores.
Chuck Miller, vice president of main operations for Winco Foods, began notifying media outlets late this afternoon about the potential problem immediately after someone at the store noticed small pieces of metal inside a meat grinder. This recall affect only one store.
Specifically, the recall involves hamburger from the WinCo Foods at the Northtowne Shopping Center. These are packages to look for if you have purchased WinCo brand ground beef from this store recently:
- Extra lean ground beef; Aug. 21 sell date
- Regular ground beef; Aug. 23 sell date
- Lean ground beef; Aug. 23 sell date
- "Diet-lean" ground beef; Aug. 23 sell date
- Ground chuck; Aug. 23 sell date
- Ground round; Aug. 23 sell date
WinCo officials are asking anyone who may have purchased this ground beef from the Northtowne WinCo to return it to the store for a full-refund.