January 29, 2015
The fire department says an early afternoon fire in North Reno left a mobile home unlivable.
Battalion Chief Butch Van Lueven says the occupant of a trailer in the Reno Cascade park was cooking potatoes, then stepped outside leaving the stove unattended.
Fortunately the woman was able to escape the fire.
RFD says the fire spread from the stove into the attic, forcing firefighters to pull down parts of the ceiling to extinguish the blaze.
The damage is described as extensive, but there is not yet a dollar estimate.
An official says the occupant is making arrangements for another place to stay.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.