September 2, 2014
Governor Jim Gibbons has appointed the state forester, a former Nevada congressman and a former campaign adviser to the new Nevada-California Tahoe Basin Fire Basin Commission.
Gibbons also named the state fire marshal, a casino executive and two Tahoe-area homeowners to the panel he and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger created.
The panel will examine the laws that affect wildfire management in the Lake Tahoe Basin in the aftermath of the fire that burned more than 250 homes near South Lake Tahoe last month.
Republican political consultant Sig Rogich, who was an adviser to Gibbons' 2006 gubernatorial campaign, and former Democratic congressman Jim Santini will serve on the commission.
Other members are:
- James M. Wright, Nevada fire marshal
- Pete Anderson, Nevada Division of Forestry state forester
- Michael D. Brown, chief of North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District and a member of the Nevada Fire Safe Council.
- John Koster, president of northern Nevada region of Harrah's
- Bud Hicks, president of the Glenbrook Homeowners Association
- Bob Davidson, a Lake Tahoe basin homeowner.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.