September 17, 2014
Barbeque Fire Destroys Part of Sun Valley Home
A backyard barbecue got a little hotter than expected Saturday, and nearly destroyed a home in North Reno.
It happened just after four o’clock Saturday afternoon on Wishbone Court in Sun Valley. Flames from a barbecue grill got out of control, and started a fire on the back porch of the home. The flames soon quickly spread to the attic.
Firefighters were able to put it out in moments, but not before the porch and attic were completely destroyed.
No one was injured, but in all the commotion, the family’s four cats fled the home. There is no word yet on if they were found.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.