August 29, 2015
Authorities say several suspicious objects found at a Sparks business may have been part of a botched arson attempt.
Emergency responders were called out to the Mr. Rooter plumbing company near Greg and Industrial in Sparks Tuesday. The Sparks Police Department says accelerants were found throughout the building.
Mr. Rooter General Manger Mike Head says about a dozen employees were evacuated while law enforcement investigated. Head also says he had noticed an unusual smell of fumes at the building throughout the day. He says that prompted a call to authorities.
Several plastic containers, that are typically used to hold gasoline, could be viewed at the scene.
Lt. Brian Miller of the Sparks Police Department says someone tried to ignite something at the scene.
There is no word yet from authorities on a suspect.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.