Fire Scare at Downtown Century Theaters

By: STAFF
By: STAFF

Dinner and movie took on an added level of excitement Friday night, as smoke filled the Century Theaters Downtown.

Shortly after eight o’clock, moviegoers attending the opening night of Ocean's 13 found themselves in the middle of real-life drama as smoke filled their theater.

Firefighters say there was never a fire, but a burned out air-conditioning belt sent thick plastic smelling smoke into theater #2 of the twelve-theater century building.

At first, every movie was shut down and all viewers were sent outside. About an hour later, the building was reopened and all but Theater Two were running normally.

Customers inconvenienced by the shutdown were offered rain checks or a chance to bring their ticket stubs back and see their movie at a later date.


KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 7919342 - kolotv.com/a?a=7919342