February 28, 2015
A smoky fire startled guests and a handful of gamblers early Wednesday at the Atlantis Resort Casino.
Fire officials said a basement dryer full of towels caught fire about 3:45 a.m. and sent smoke up through elevator shafts to the upper levels.
The 2-alarm fire was quickly extinguished and there were no formal evacuations, although some guests concerned by the smoke decided to wait outside in temperatures just below freezing.
Firefighters asked guests to remain in their rooms or in the casino while they reset smoke alarms.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.