October 31, 2014
Toxicology reports have confirmed that carbon monoxide caused the deaths of four people in a Yerington motel last month.
Yerington police say three of the victims had 70-percent carbon monoxide saturation in their blood when they were found April 16th at the Casino West Motel. A fourth had a saturation of 32-percent.
None of the victims showed signs of drug or alcohol use.
The bodies were discovered after a maintenance man answered a complaint of water leaking into a room below. Investigators had previously said they believed it was carbon monoxide that killed the victims.
Authorities think the lethal fumes came from a malfunctioning swimming pool heater located beneath their room.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.