Monoxide Possible In Motel Deaths

By: Kara Tsuboi
By: Kara Tsuboi

State and local investigators are trying to determine whether carbon monoxide poisoning played a role in the deaths of four people found Sunday in a Yerington motel room.
Police said there were signs the four - a Yerington man, a
married couple from California and a California woman ages 20 to 30
- had been drinking, but there was no trauma, no weapons and no
indication of drug use.
Mason Valley Fire Protection District Division Chief Scott
Huntley said tests on Monday showed an elevated level of carbon
monoxide in the room at the Casino West Motel, which has a gas
heater.
He said further tests would be made for other possibly toxic
substances and to check carbon monoxide levels in the room after
the heater has been running.
The Yerington man was identified as Phillip Doll, 26. The other
victims were Donna N. Vega-Robles, 30, San Pablo, Calif., and Juan
Pablo Chavez, 27, and Veronica Espinoza Chavez, 20, both of
Richmond, Calif.
Yerington Police Lt. Darren Wagner said a maintenance man
answered a complaint of water leaking into the room below, went
upstairs, saw bodies in the room, about two inches of water on the
floor and got no response when he knocked and called. Water was
running underneath the closed bathroom door.
One female victim was in the bathtub with the water running, and
a male victim was against the bathroom door, which had to be forced
open.
Huntley said it was not immediately known who those two victims
were. He said the four had checked into the motel at 5:30 a.m.
Sunday.
The Nevada Department of Public Safety Investigations Division
and the Forensic Investigations Unit from the Washoe County
Sheriff's Office are assisting in the investigation.


KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2648976 - kolotv.com/a?a=2648976