November 24, 2015
The ski resort's chief executive officer says the trio died after two of them fell into a volcanic fissure at the Mammoth Mountain resort... and the third tried to rescue them.
The patrol team had been on the mountain after a snowstorm, checking on a fence surrounding a natural vent that releases volcanic gas from deep within the Earth when the snow gave way causing the two to fall in.
Four other would-be rescuers were hospitalized for exposure to the poisonous gas but are doing well.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.